“I like the ease of signing up to be a driver for medical, shopping or other needs. The online service (NV Rides Scheduler) for this means I can do it late at night or quickly when my schedule changes. The people I’m giving service to are extremely grateful and I’m so happy that I’m able to help them out. I’ve met the nicest people.” – SCAS Volunteer Driver
- One of the most rewarding volunteer opportunities is driving seniors to medical appointments and/or grocery shopping, food bank and the drug store. If you have free time, a kind heart and a vehicle, this is a wonderful chance to make a difference in a senior’s life to continue to live independently. Drive only when and as often as your schedule will allow.
- Most appointments are local in the Annandale, Springfield, Alexandria, Fairfax and Franconia areas.
- A quick application, a back ground check and you are ready to start giving back to your community one grateful senior at a time.
- Volunteer to be on one of our SCAS committees such as the Lunch N’ Life Committee, Day Trip Committee and the Development/Planning Committee.
- *New* Paid Position – See side description of job duties.
- To seek out and write grants.
- To act as liaison between community houses of worship and businesses.
How Do I Volunteer:
- Call the SCAS office at 703-941-1419, Monday – Friday between 10 AM and 1 PM, or email us at email@example.com to request more details.