The Shepherd’s Center of Annandale Springfield, organized in 2004, is one of the nearly 60 Shepherd’s Centers all over North America shaping a new image of aging. It provides an opportunity for senior citizens to be creative and productive throughout their later years. Participants discover that they are needed and valued as they continue to grow and find new sources of meaning and personal joy.
The center works towards:
- Involving and sustaining older people who desire to live independently in their own homes;
- Enhancing life satisfaction through caring relationships, lifelong learning, creative expression, community service, and the discovery of inner resources;
- Providing opportunities for senior citizens to use their experience, training, and skills in significant roles in society;
- Helping to strengthen congregational ministries with senior citizens, building an interfaith coalition that encourages community collaboration; and
- Encouraging and experimenting with new approaches and programs that will contribute to quality aging for both the active and the homebound.
Read our newsletter to learn more about what’s going on at the Shepherd’s Center.
Read our latest Newsletter (September, October 2019)
The newsletter is published 6 times a year. Our newsletter features upcoming events, a spotlight on a Shepherd’s Center member, and much more!
Join our mailing list.
If you would like to be added to our mailing list email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 703-941-1419.
Read our latest Annual Report.
Look at our boundaries to see the area we serve.
Meet the Shepherd’s Center of Annandale-Springfield staff and Board of Directors.
Activities/services are made possible through the work of volunteers. The Shepherd’s Center staff and the Board of Directors work to plan and coordinate events and services as well.
Erin O’Reilly – Office Director
Tony Wonkovich – Office Volunteer
Diane Levesque – Office Volunteer
Margo Bendery – Office Volunteer
Barbara Gatorian – Office Volunteer
Board of Directors
Dick Stewart – Chair
Martha Lowe, Vice Chair
Barbara Gatorian – Treasurer
Gail Fewell – Assistant Treasurer
Funding for the Shepherd’s Center of Annandale Springfield is obtained from sponsoring congregations, business and civic organizations, individuals and periodic fundraising events.
We are pleased to have a working relationship with the following organizations:
Annandale United Methodist
Capital Baptist Church
First Presbyterian of Annandale
Holy Spirit Catholic Church
Hope Lutheran Church
John Calvin Presbyterian
Mount Pleasant Baptist Church
St. Alban’s Episcopal
St. Barnabas Episcopal
St. Mark’s Lutheran Church
St. Matthews United Methodist Church
St. Michael’s Catholic Church
Sleepy Hollow United Methodist
Our Lady Queen of Peace
Annandale Chamber of Commerce
Ar Rahman Foundation
Arden Courts Memory Care
Assisting Hands Home Care
Fairfax Area Agency On Aging
Shepherd’s Center of Fairfax-Burke
Shepherd’s Center of McLean – Arlington – Falls Church
Shepherd’s Center of Oakton Vienna
Shepher’s Center of Western Fairfax
Shepherd’s Center of America
S. John Davis Culinary School
American Legion Bicentennial Post # 1976
Right at Home
Annandale Womens Club
Annandale High School Womens Choir