As we get older, our bodies start to heal more slowly as our immune systems slow down. As seniors, we have to be mindful of this fact, and how easily we can get sick. We start thinking about the future, and we decide to move into a senior living situation or community. This could be the best decision we can make for ourselves as older adults.
To assist those transitioning into a senior living situation, Shepherd’s Center of Annandale Springfield has compiled a list of resources that can help to keep seniors safe, healthy, and financially sound.
Keep Your Space Clean, Sanitized, and Organized
As seniors, we can’t afford to get sick, so we do our best to keep our surroundings clean.
- House cleaning tips for seniors
- CDC guide to cleaning your home
- Some simple tips for staying organized
Stay Physically & Mentally Active
- Reasons why seniors should exercise
- Exercises seniors should avoid
- Mental exercises are good for a senior’s mental health
- Meditation is beneficial to a senior’s mindfulness
Look for Financial Assistance
- Financial planning for senior living
- Business ideas for retirees to keep busy and make money
- Types of financing for senior living
- A guide to a senior’s benefits by state
When you’re looking to transition to a senior living community, these resources can help. Keep these 3 things in mind and you’ll keep yourself safe, healthy, and financially sound as you move into your senior adventure.
The goal of Shepherd’s Center of Annandale Springfield is to help seniors live life with meaning and dignity to build community connections for everyone. Reach out today for more information! 703-941-1419